Monday, November 7, 2011

An Evening at the Mall

Day 293 -   During the week I am alone most of the time. I take classes and I see friends sometimes, but at the end of the day I am alone. And so a week like this one is very special. My daughter has a week off from the army and she is staying here with me for a few days. Sadly’ I can’t even take a day off, but we get to spend the evenings together. Today we decided to go to a movie, something I didn’t do in quite some time now. She chose the movie 50/50 which I was a little hesitant about watching right now, but it was a good decision. It’s a good movie and it deals with a difficult subject in a very restrained manner, which suits us well, and it had a very positive message which is very important as well. Before the movie we went shopping for an hour, we bought some snacks to eat in the theater, and just talked. Just a simple evening that I appreciate so much; having my daughter here with me in the middle of the week. This is a short entry, just to say how wonderful it is to have her home. We should never take something so precious for granted.
   
I am thankful that after a long day at work I got to spend a lovely evening with my daughter. I am thankful she chose to stay here on her vacation and be with me. I am thankful for life’s little gifts – a smile, a hug, the love we have for each other. I am thankful for a wonderful day.

 

No comments: