Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A New Class

Day 316 When I decided few years ago that I am separating from my husband when my youngest daughter leaves home I started to think how I am going to support myself. Like too many women I stayed home with the kids and even when they got older I did some real estate work and mostly did our own real estate, plus in my country real estate is not a profession I want to pursue.  I figured I won’t have too much money but I really like to travel and so I decided to study travel. For the next two years I took all the classes I could in our local college and I got my certificate as a travel agent. I added to it a certificate as a tour guide and I was sure that this is what I am going to do from now on. But I came here only for a very short period but decided to stay and got myself a steady job and I had to burry my dream of travel. But as the time progresses I am getting a little restless, the roads are calling me. But I still cannot do it without being paid for it and so I decided to start looking into it when my daughter will be out of the military. I found that the best a course for tour guides just opened two weeks ago and so I called them and asked if I can still join them; the answer was yes. Which comes to show that if you don’t try the answer is always no but if you do, it might change to yes, like in my case. And so this coming Friday for 5 hours I will again learn about the ins and outs of being a tour guide and in a much more comprehensive course than the one I took. It’s a long course – 8 months and at the end I will have good contacts into the local travel companies and hopefully will be able to land 2-3 jobs a year and build my reputation so when I decide to pursue it full time it will be at my discretion. I am very excited about my upcoming class, and I am so happy I mastered the guts to ask for an exception.
 
I am thankful that on a day I was supposed to be so sad I am elated about my tour guide class that is coming this Friday. I am so thankful I have abundance of energy again and even though I felt so sick in the middle of the night I woke up fine and ready to face the world. I am soo thankful for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: