Thursday, December 1, 2011

A very Festive Day

Day 317 – It is a very festive day today. My daughter finished today her training and she finished first in her class. She got a new red barrette and red boots – the coolest uniform you can have and she got an amazing job. She was so happy about it and all of us were so proud of her. For her determination and dedication despite all her health problems in the past two months; that she managed to finished so well despite all that. Sadly I was not allowed to come and be at the ceremony, but I got to see her few hours later with a huge smile, even bigger bags and all her new insignia. I brought her few balloons, just to say how proud I am of her.
We concluded the evening with a proper Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, I know, it really was last week, but we could not do it then, so we decided to celebrate it tonight. And it was amazing. Everything we hoped for and more, great food, great company and on such a great day; we couldn't ask for anything to make it better. But I had too much food at such late hour of the night and I also had two glasses of wine, and I have very low tolerance, so and I am falling asleep.  But it was so great and we had a lot of fun. It is so right to go sometimes with the spirit of an occasion and not the date, we got to celebrate Thanksgiving and especially today we had so much to be thankful for, it was perfect timing.

I am thankful for all the honors my daughter got; I am thankful for her new and amazing job. I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. I am thankful for such a special day. Almost forgot, I am thankful for a great paper I wrote for my creative class; I took my pain and turned it into a great piece of art and got so many compliments for that.

No comments: