Thursday, December 22, 2011

Visiting My Parents

Day 338 – My son stayed with friends yesterday night and so today I picked him up en route and then we drove all the way to my parents’ home, about 350 km from where I live. My daughter came here from base and we are going to spend the weekend here; it will give them a chance to see my son after few years they didn’t see him. They in a very small town live in the middle of the desert and the surrounding is just amazing; so, we are planning to go hiking there tomorrow for a few hours. But today we didn’t do much it was a day in transition. Work in the morning for a few hours and then just driving, all the way here. But it was nice to see my daughter after a week in the army, she didn’t see her brother yet and so it was a very special meeting and same for my parents. It makes me so happy to have a little family reunion like that, who knows when the next time will be.
  
I am thankful for a chance to have both my kids with me for a weekend, they are 25 and 19 now, and live on both sides of this wide oceans, it is something I really cherish; I am thankful for the opportunity I had to do it here at my parents and by that make sure they will see him too. I am thankful for a very long day that started at 4:30 this morning and hopefully will end in a few minutes. I am thankful for a day that was almost uneventful and yet it was and we are all here together. A really wonderful day and I am thankful for that.
  

No comments: