Saturday, December 17, 2011

Making Some Progress With My Book

Day 333 –   I had a few hours this weekend that my daughter met with a friend. And so I decided it is a perfect opportunity to get back to my book. I am very happy to report that I just finished the first pass on it, reading it from beginning to end. I am going to incorporate all the changes I made so far, add another chapter that I wrote and two more that I am still planning to write and then have a second pass at reading it. I find this process very interesting, as well as challenging at times. I am very happy I finished reading the book for the first time; it is a very important milestone. Now starts the endless process of editing as well as adding new material that I feel will makes the book clear and better. It was only few months ago I decided to put my writing into a book that I want to publish and now I am already doing first review. It is very scary of course to put myself out, but also very exciting. My deadline for finalizing and submitting the book is two months from now and the way it looks, I will be able to meet it; and then I’ll have to cross my fingers and wait for a positive answer from a publisher that wants to publish it. I have to admit, as scary as it is I am really looking forward to it all. I have this idea of writing books for a very long time and I am so happy I finally took steps to make this dream a reality. Whether it will be published or not, successful or not is a whole different issue; I am taking the steps to make a dream come true and this is a huge thing and I am very happy about that.
  
I am thankful to be at this stage of first reviews of my work. I am thankful for the idea to publish. I am thankful to all the people who encouraged me to do so; to all the friends who helped me improve my writing. I am so thankful to the friends who helped me be strong enough to be able to deliver my brainchild and submit it for criticism, to dare wishing to put it in the limelight and not buckle away. I am thankful for such a challenging experience.  
   

1 comment:

DvoraElisheva said...

Wow, Maayan, you are an inspiration. I've been wanting to write a book for years! Kol HaKavod!