Friday, December 9, 2011

I Found a Good Dentist

Day 325 –   I had to go through a complex dental work. I found out about that in June when I went to visit after my granddaughter was born. I saw my dentist there but he told me he cannot do it since it has to be done in stages and I don’t live there anymore. He did some temporary fixing and advised me to find a good dentist here, so I can take care of the problem. It took me almost half a year to settle on a dentist I am ready to trust, and I was ready to drive more than an hour away to see him. So today, I finally started the process. He did the surgery, and I am very happy to report that he did a very good job, at least so far. I was not sure how I’ll be after the procedure and in how much pain, so I asked my daughter to come with me so she can drive on the way back; which she did, but I was really fine. Even now, more than 12 hours later I have no pain and no bleeding, so I think it went very well. Some people don’t take their dentist selection very seriously, but I do. I think it is one of the most important people in my professional caregivers circle and I am very happy I found a dentist I can trust. Until now, for a year and a half since I moved here I did everything back “home”, during my short visits, so driving an hour away is really nothing. When I came back home I decided it is very therapeutic to have a mid-day nap – a very rare treat; I had a very relaxed evening working on some cross-word and Sudoku puzzles – doctor’s order to take it easy, and now I am going to bed with a book. A perfect evening, what can I say…  and I just love that!!
  
I am thankful I found a good dentist and I finally started to take care of the problem. Dental work in not something I want to delay, it just gets worse and it can have very unpleasant consequences. I am very thankful to my friends for a great recommendation. I am so thankful to my daughter that came with me today and drove me back; I know she has so little free time, now that she is in the army, and I really appreciate her willingness to be with me and help. I am very thankful I felt good enough so I could enjoy a wonderful evening.  

No comments: