Sunday, December 25, 2011

Just the Three of Us


Day 341 – It’s Christmas today all over the world but here it is a regular work day. And so I went to work real early this morning thinking that my son and daughter will come to pick me up once they are up and we’ll do something together. But they had other plans just the two of them and so I stayed at work and finished some of the back log of the past week. We drove to the beach and had late lunch there in one of the very empty cafés. And since it was windy and cold we figured it will be very nice and cozy to go home and play some board game, something we all love doing. The choice fell on a game of Scrabble. It was so nice to have some quality time just the three of us like in the old times, before we moved away from each other. I really miss that and I am very happy we found one moment in time to do it again.
  
I am thankful for my son’s visit; it is very difficult for me to be so far from him for such a long time and I am very thankful for these two weeks we get to spend together. I am thankful my daughter got to have some time off from the army and so we are together for a few days, just the three of us. I am very thankful for an evening of family time, just the three of us spending pleasant evening together, playing games. Merry CHristmas to all those who celebrate it.



No comments: