Friday, December 16, 2011

A Day to Remember

Day 332 –   knowing it is going to be a difficult day for my daughter and to celebrate her miraculous second chance at life I decided to do something very special; a pampering day at the spa. I kept it a secret until we parked in front of it and only then she realized what the plan is. We started with a wonderful breakfast, yes it was  2pm, but in our book it is never too late for a good breakfast, and then we continued with the spa fun. It goes like that: hot tub, wet sauna, dry sauna – repeat. To end it all we had an hour of a wonderful massages, another round of sauna and we called it a day. Now we are back home and we still have in our plan to go to the movie and watch MI-4 in the VIP theater with food and drinks; a packed day full of fun. I told her that I feel it is celebration of life. We are a year later and we are here to remember and tell the story. This is the one time I don’t even want to think about parallel worlds; I never want to know how that world, where she didn’t make it through the night looks like. I told her I am not sure I am even there in that world; I don’t know that my heart would not break of sorrow over there. But thankfully we are here with battle scars to show for it, but we are here in this world alive and laughing, celebrating the one year anniversary to the most trying day of her life. We shed some tears, but mostly we are so grateful to be here. Here in this world, here in this wonderful country of ours, here just the two of us – just as it should on this special day.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day; for some heart to heart talk and for some new realizations we both came to. I am thankful and will always be for all the forces that had to align for us to be able to be happy today. I am thankful for the wonders of life, of our lives.   

No comments: