Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting Back to My Book

Day 318 –I decided yesterday I am going to work on my book now every day until I’ll finish; it is long enough in the making and after all the encouragements I got in my creative writing class I feel a little more confident about publishing it. So I printed it all, sadly it is still easier for me to do it this way than on my computer (I hate to waste so much paper though) l and I am going over it and correcting and improving it page by page. I took the script and set in the sun on the beach for a few hours, until it was too cold for me. It was such a nice day. The sun was warm, the sky was so blue and the water so still with only few ripples every now and then; such a special gift to have a day like that in early December. I just sat there, and read. I already went through a quarter of the book by now, and I am quite pleased with it so far. I know it is not done yet, but I need to go through it all to get back into the mindset so I can continue writing, so I can finish it. This is very scary step I am taking, to actually get the script out of the drawer, or in my case out of the computer, and decide to take it all the way; I hope I am not mistaken about its’ quality, but either way, if I will not try I’ll never know the answer. So I am taking a huge risk and announcing it here – I am going to finish the book and actually submit it for publishing. It is burning in me for so long I think it is time to take that step.  
   
I am thankful for a lovely day on the beach in early December, definitely not something one can take for granted. I am so thankful for mastering the courage to get back to my book. I am thankful for the positive energy such a decision brought into my life. I am thankful for a very interesting and entertaining class today in my tour guide course.

No comments: