Sunday, December 4, 2011

An Evening With My Friends

Day 320 – My friends are here tonight, staying in my little apartment. It is the first time I have guests staying for the night, really cool. Slowly I make my way back into “normal” life already had friends here for dinner and now friends staying overnight; I like that. It gave us a chance to sit and talk for a long time, get to know each other a little better, let me for the first see them as a couple. It made me realize that yes, it might take time but you do get a second chance at happiness. I still remember her when she just started the whole divorce worried if she’ll ever find a partner again and here she is five years later happier than I ever saw her. And it makes me think that maybe the same will happen to me, that one day I will also find the man I will be willing to live the rest of my life with and he will want to spend it with me. As I found out the hard way, the fact I want to be with someone, doesn’t mean he wants to be with me. But right now I just enjoy seeing them happy, it is definitely way too early for me. I am still in the grieving stage, in the denial stage, in a very, very sad stage. Looking at my friend it helps me internalize that everything in life is temporary and as painful as it is right now – this too shall pass.  
   
I am thankful my friends are staying here tonight with me. I am thankful for a very lovely evening we spend together and for a very nice dinner; they live so far and we see so little of each other now that I moved here, so I am very thankful for every moment we had. I am thankful another day passed and I am a little closer to be better again; and I am thankful to my friends for an evening were I did not think of him even once.  

No comments: