Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall


Day 337 – I wanted to spend the day with my son, but I had to do some work as well so I woke up at 4am this morning and by 5 am I was already at work. This left us most of the day to be together. We drove to the archeological site of the ancient city of Megido, where the Armageddon battle will take place according to tradition. After being there for about an hour my son, rightfully commented that he does not want to do the tourist stuff. He wants to do what the locals do, a very good point; we have to behave like the locals if we want to feel the place, go to the local hang-out places and hike instead of going to tourists’ attractions. So tonight he went with a friend to have some fun in the biggest city in our country and tomorrow we will do some different kind of things, I want him to feel the local beat and I am thankful to him for making that comment so I can tweak things a beat to make it better experience for him.
From there we drove to meet my brother, his two daughters and two grandsons. I didn’t see them in a very long time, the little baby is our months old and I didn’t see him yet, means I didn’t see them in more than four months; no excuses, it is just not right and I will make sure it will not happened again. I live less than two hours from them, really no excuse. It is too easy to be absorbed in my own little world and forget others, but it is not right and will not happen again. It was much fun to see them and the older boy is almost two years old and sooo cute; I had much fun playing with him. It was also a very interesting discussion with my brother who is rung a charity organization and helps 500 needy families on a regular basis for years. He has no money and yet he takes care of others, he is an amazing man and I just wish I can do even a little of what he does. Yet another mirror through which to look at myself and realize some changes are in order.
     
I am thankful for another day with my son, I don’t have many of those anymore and I appreciate every moment we spend together. I am thankful for the chance I am getting to make some serious changes to the way I think and see things. I am thankful a blind was removed and I can see more clearly now. I am thankful to my brother for all the goodness of his heart.   

No comments: