Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Women's Pack

Day 330 –   I came home late today since I went shopping after work. After I took my dog for a long walk in the park and in the neighborhood I talked to a friend of mine and convinced her that although it was 9:15pm already it’s really not too late to go out for coffee and so I picked her up and we went to a local coffee joint. We stayed there for almost two hours and it was so nice. In the center of a city I expect places to stay open late, but this one is a gem, known only to the local crowd and yet it was packed until all evening. I like it very much that 10 pm is an hour when people are still going out even in the middle of the week. It always bothered me on there, where I used to live that at 10pm almost everything is closed, I like it that I am not the only one still looking for fun at these “ungodly” hours. I had a lot of fun with my friend; we met a year ago in a women’s group and I still remember how sad she was over her divorce and how much she cried back then. And now, a year later, she laughs all the time and she is so happy to be on her own and do whatever she feels like. We sure had a lot to talk about! It makes me so happy to see how we all settling into our single women’s life and we enjoyed it very much. The problem is that we might get so used to it that we’ll have a problem giving it us. It is very interesting to watch the process we all went through of letting go of the past and embrace our present and our future; we all become strong and independent, finally living life to the fullest. We already started talking about few trips I’ll organize when I am done with my class and we’ll find a group of women to join us. That can be so much fun!!
  
I am thankful for a very good day. I bought some good presents to a friend; I had some meaningful phone calls, something that doesn’t happen every day. I had a very late coffee with my friend and a very lovely talk. I am thankful for the inspiration we all take from each other, for the support we give and get each one in her hour of need. Women’s pack – such an important support group.

1 comment:

DvoraElisheva said...

When I was in the US the one thing I missed was those wonderful outdoor cafes... here in Israel, we enjoy going out, sitting and talking and being out... in the US, in eat and out and it is so rushed. Have you gone to the places on Sderot Ben Gurion? Those are fun too!