Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Planning a Trip to Romania

Day 329    Part of the requirements for the Tour Guides course I am taking is to create a trip to a country of our choice. This is a huge project – at least 80 pages long and it includes facts and figures about the country, history, geography, economy, religions, art, culture, and anything else we can think of. It also includes a detailed plan for a two weeks trip to that country. I figured I better start working on it since it is a lot of work and some info I can collect already, even before we get the official explanations. Since I am planning to take my dad to Romania this spring, I figured I can use this opportunity to prepare the trip. So today I started collecting the data and it will be something I will work on for the next few months. I am very excited about this since I love doing research about new places and plan trips and this class teaches me to take trip preparations to a new level.  I am also very happy about it since I wanted to take my dad on this trip for a very long time, and now it starts materializing. It is a very emotional trip for him – going back to his birth place and all, so I will try to prepare some very special things for him. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to make sure it will be a great experience for him.
  
I am very thankful I get the opportunity to do something so special for my dad. I am thankful I have enough time to prepare for this trip and I am learning how to do some serious trip planning. I am thankful for the idea to start working on this project; I will report about my progress every so often. And, as a side note, I’ll be very thankful if you won’t tell my dad about my plans just yet, since I want it to be a surprise.

No comments: