Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Day 347 December 31st – New Year’s Eve and we are all going to different parties. My son and my Daughter traveled to the biggest city in our country where the real party animals celebrate. I am a country mouse and so the little parties that my city offers are enough for me. Last year I still knew very few people and was not connected yet to the singles’ scene and so I did not know about the good parties and went with few friends to something that was OK but not more than that. This year I already in the know and so I am going with a few friends to a real party. I am not going to hunt for a partner but actually to dance. I love dancing and so I always look for a good party and this venue always throw good parties, I hope tonight will be no exception. I am already working on my New Year Resolution and I hope that like last year, by year end I will fulfill them all. The most important one – to be happy every day for the rest of my life, whether good things happened or bad, to be happy and thankful for being here on this wonderful planet of ours, in my beloved country, surrounded by family and friends and living my dreams, one by one.
It is now officially January 1st, 2012 and I just came back for the above mentioned party. Big success, as I hoped it would be. The dancing floor was packed and the music was good, exactly the way I wanted to celebrate this New Year. Maybe next year I will have someone to share the moment with, but for now I am single and happy with that status. Sadly the weekend here is short and New Year is not a holiday here so tomorrow is a regular working day; so by 2am it was getting pretty empty and we decided to leave as well. I will get few hours of sleep, after all.  
   
I am thankful for a wonderful year that just ended, a year of so much learning and personal growth, of challenges and trials but also of triumphs. I am thankful to all the people who made this year so special and to the people who challenged me and made me stretch myself and learn new skills. I am thankful to be here and healthy; that all my loved ones are healthy and happy. I am so thankful I got to celebrate another year.

No comments: