Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Lazy Evening

Day 327 –   I didn’t feel like doing anything productive this evening. So I just worked on some puzzles and card games for a couple of hours. The funny thing is that I feel guilty about that, and I really don’t see any reason why. I worked for 9 hours today and did it well, I took my dog for her daily walks in the morning and at night, I talked to two friends on the phone, I talked to my son and my youngest daughter; and I searched for more than an hour for volunteering opportunities and I think I have some ideas that I will check tomorrow during business hours; so it was a very productive day. I just didn’t feel like going to the gym or doing anything that requires too much thinking. I think there is a merit to that as well, especially considering the fact that tomorrow is a very long day.  Most people when they are tired just flop in front of the TV, I don’t have a TV so this is my version of a lazy evening, the first one in a year and a half.

 I am thankful I got to spend a relaxed evening at home playing some mindless games. I am thankful for an evening of fun. I am thankful I can be kind enough to myself and understand that I too deserve some down time. I am thankful that after a year and a half I found some time for that.

No comments: