Monday, November 14, 2011

So Much to be Thankful For

Day 300 - I have many things to be thankful for today, but it is day 300 of my blog, a very significant milestone. When I set out to blog for a 1000 days I didn’t realize how long 1000 days really are. I also didn’t think it will become such an integral part of my life, of my evening ritual. No matter how tired I am; if I am traveling or at home, not even if I have very important guests that need my full attention. I find the time and get into the mindset of blogging and just do it. I start my morning with my morning pages – hand written unedited 3 pages immediately as I get out of bed and I finish my day with this blog, that his rules are very different. It can be edited, it must have a picture, and it is about something I am thankful for on that particular day, it summarizes my days and emphesizes the highlights in them, the hope, the happiness. One of my friends is making fun of me for all this writing and says I should live instead of writing. But I think I do and the writing actually helps me think, digest and plan; especially the morning pages. If I face a particular problem or issue I am not sure how to handle, I just go and take my notebook and write it down, and the writing clarifies it for me and helps me come to a solution. It also improves my writing all the time, again it teaches me to think and communicate through the written word. Since I am working on a book, it is definitely an important tool for that as well. And the blog just helps me stay optimistic, it reminds me every day how happy I am for another day that I live and well and doing what I want; and in the same time it pushes me to do things, since I cannot write every day that I am happy nothing happened. Now that I think about it, my morning pages are my inward journey and my blog is my life in the outside world and together they bring a nice balance in my life. 
  
I am thankful for arriving at such an important milestone with my blog. I am thankful for the routine I developed and the added value and clarity it brings into my life; I started it as an exercise in happiness, I never thought it will bring so much goodness into my life and I am very thankful for that. I am thankful for a much anticipated phone call that came in the middle of the night and was such a nice way to fall asleep; I am thankful for the annual checkup I did today and with great results; I am thankful for a really good book I bought today that I am planning to take with me to bed in a few minutes; I am thankful I have so much to be thankful for!!

No comments: