Thursday, November 17, 2011

My New Creative Writing Class

Day 303 – I was very disappointed last week when I got a call from my creative writing instructor that the meeting was canceled. Two days ago she called that she decided to move me to the advanced class that will take place today just before my painting class. And I should bring the introduction I wrote last week. It was a nice surprise to find one of my friends from my singing group here in this class as well. And I met few new and very creative people; the good thing is that even though they are meeting for more than two years, I fell right in. I read my introduction piece (instead of the assignment they had) and they all loved it. They said it was very powerful; a bombshell is the description they used. I also got some constructive ideas of how to make it better; they felt it was an introduction to a 500 pages book. In short they all accepted me right in and it made me very happy. Slowly I realize that people do like my writing and my writing style, and it makes me think maybe I am not mistaken when I want to publish my book and write more. At the end of the meeting they agreed I belong in this group. So I am very excited to see how it will transpire.
  
I am thankful for a very interesting and exciting creative writing class. I am thankful for the opportunity to get some constructive comments about my writing to make it better. I am thankful they accepted me as part of the group. I am thankful for this push to get back into writing my book.

No comments: