Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Simple Joys of Winter

Day 288 -   Ladies and Gentlemen, I am very happy to inform you that in my house I officially announced the winter. The nights are definitely getting colder and few days I already woke up a little cold. So yesterday I decided it is time to officially call it a winter and changed my summer blankets to my warm and cozy down feathers comforter. And it was heavenly, almost too hot at times. But I love this feeling of pampering and coziness of winter, now I have to wait for some really cold days. Today I added one more necessary ingredient – a lentil soup, yet another favorite winter staple. So picture this – a dawn blanket, lentil soup, steamy hot shower (and a short sleeves shirt, it not that cold yet, it is just early days of the cold season). And I almost forgot the most important ingredients – a good book, my now famous Beethoven piano concerto, and an early night sleep to make up for yesterday’s. True, I don’t have a fireplace, so the picture will not be perfect, but this is as close as it can get, and it’s plenty.
I am thankful for the joy of early winter pampering. I am thankful that simple things like soup and blanket, book and music can bring me so much happiness. I am thankful for the second winter I am going to enjoy in my beloved country. I am thankful it will be the second of many more to come.

No comments: