Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Guess Who is Coming to Dinner


Day 294 -   It took 477 days; 183 of it before I started my blog and 294 days of blogging to get to this point; 477 since we moved here, and finally we had our first visitors in our apartment, we had our first guests for dinner. I used to take if so much for granted, to have people over for dinner, I did it all the time, but with my tiny apartment before and not too many friends, it's been a while. It is very exciting, an important step in rooting ourselves deeper into this wonderful place we decided to call home, and we couldn’t have better guests. My dear, dear friend and his very sweet daughter. The girls spent the afternoon together and i did some shopping and cooked dinner when I came back from work. by the time they drove to pick him up and bring him here, i had time to finish all the cooking, set the table and even had time to take my dog out for a little walk and enjoy some wonderful music. We had great wine that I brought in my last visit, great food and most of all great company. in short, a wonderful evening. It made me realize how much I miss this warm feeling of family and guests. How much I love doing that.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful evening, full of laughter and joy. I am thankful for all the warm and fuzzy feelings this evening evoked in me. I am thankful for a wonderful company.        

No comments: