Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An Introduction

Day 295 -   I had to write a piece about myself for my creative writing class. My class is tomorrow, so I had to write it by today. I went this evening to pick up my daughter from the train station and since I arrived early I went across the street to the beach and set in one of the many cafés. I started writing and the words just flew. The idea was to peel me like an onion. I am so many things, I have so many roles, so who I really am? I am a grandmother and a mother and a daughter and a granddaughter, I am a wife and a friend and an employee. I am the courage to move back here and all my hiking trips. I am my dreams and my hopes and my sorrows, so who am I under all these layers? What is the essence of my being? I ended the piece in the state of mind when I am on the meditation pillow, the nothingness inside me, the calm, the full potential all concentrated into one point. It was a very interesting exercise. I am sure I'll have to go back and edit it many times, but I love the idea of layers, the thought of who we really are behind all our masks and all our different roles; what is our essence? And I truely believe that our potential and our dreams are what make us unique.
 
I am thankful for a lovely evening on the beach. I am thankful that in mid-November I can still go to the beach and enjoy the scene, relax and let the calm of the water wash away my day. I am thankful for the inspiration to write the introduction entry. I am thankful to the great creator for giving me the permission to create.  I am thankful for the realization of my potential.

No comments: