Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Caesarea

Day 979 - My daughter was leaving tonight to spend the holiday with friends and since I am leaving tomorrow for two weeks we decided to spend the day together. It was a beautiful day today, sunny and warm, blue skies white clouds, a beautiful autumn day. Not warm enough to spend with minimal clothing on the beach, but a perfect day to be in a cafe in the old city of Caesarea, over looking the magnificent old harbor. The truth is that the food was awful but the scenery and the very calming sound of the waves crushing against the old walls of the wharf. We set there for a long time and then we strolled between the ruins of the old Roman city, the largest harbor in the world at it's peak. It was so nice to be together for a few relaxed hours. The past few weeks and months were very trying and so today was such a special moment in time just to be together, no fights no anger, just be. True, the distance was still there but I hope time will heal the wounds and will bring us close again; I hope the silence will be comfortable and flowing again, not loaded as it is at the moment. I am so sad we came to this point but I know that every difficulty is also a stepping stone for something better, so I want to believe this will follow the same rules.
  
I am thankful for a very special day. I am thankful for the beautiful scenery. I am thankful for the wonderful weather. and most of all I am thankful to my daughter for such a wonderful day; I already miss her and I am not even gone yet.     

No comments: