Thursday, September 26, 2013

On my way

Day 980 - on the road again; on the train on the way to the airport for a long over due visit to see my kids. I am so excited about that, it's been over a year. I have so many plans, so many things I want to do. I hope I will be able to accomplish it all, but most important for me is to see my kids and my granddaughter and then my friends and I am sure this much I will have plenty. It seems so easy for me, so matter of fact to pack my suitcase in a few minutes and be ready for a flight; it seems so easy just fly when I want. But I know it is not and I am so very lucky I can afford it, I am so lucky I traveled enough to be so casual about it; it sure makes for a much easier and more pleasant experience. One thing that my former life taught me well, for sure. And so in the middle of the night on the midnight (or half an hour later) train I an making my way to the airport. With every passing minute I am getting further away from my life and my loved one here on this side of the ocean and getting closer to my loved ones over there. How lucky we are to live in an era where these transitions are so fast, so easy and relatively affordable. An interesting thought - airport is such a happy place, full of excitment, of good energy. People are their way to vacations or coming back from one. If you ever feel down, go to the airport and I'm sure in no time you'll feel all better, and I am lucky enough to be part of that scenery tonight. 

I am thankful this day has finally come; for all that awaiting me in the next two weeks. I am thankful I can afford to take this trip. I am thankful to my loved ones who made the past few days so special for me. 

No comments: