Friday, September 27, 2013

Starting my visit

Day 981 - After a very long flight, actually 3 legs of a flight I am here in California. A place that I called home for 14 years and now I feel as a stranger. Everything looks the same with very few changes but it doesn't feel like home anymore. So i'm sure part of it is the fact that I don't have a home here now and I am staying with a friend. She is away so again, strange feeling walking to her empty home. I didn't see my kids yet since I arrived only two hours ago but I will see them soon enough. I am very tired, but I will stay awake so to avoid jet leg. It was interesting coming here and realizing that after three years away home is where I came from, not here. That I am here for a short visit but my heart is over there, on the other side of the globe. I took some time to get to this point, but now this is my reality, even with no permanent home I still consider it my home and it makes me so happy. I found a home again, a place I want to go back to. My daughter is there, my parents are there, three of my siblings and their kids and in the past year I added to this list also the man I love. So many reasons to be happy to go back; to be happy I made that move and rebuilt my life. Still I am happy to be here. I have two kids here I have dear friends and of course so many  memories.

I am thankful I made it here and in easy and uneventful flights. I am thankful beyond words to my friend who opened her home and heart to me. I am thankful I am going to see my kids in a few minutes after a long year apart.I am thankful I found my home.

No comments: