Saturday, September 7, 2013

Soothing my soul

Day 961 - I spent a few hours with friends, an afternoon on my favorite beach; watched the waves rolling and allowed them to wash away my sorrow. I saw a beautiful sunset, a drumming circle... What else can I ask for?? and I almost forgot - I booked my flight to visit my kids. It's been over a year, way too long and all because I allowed someone else's interests or feelings to be ahead of mine, because I am too considerate to the point of self diminishing - never again!!! what the hell I was doing? I think I should not be in a relationship, I obviously don't know how to do it! But, it was a good day and I didn't think it will be, so I am very thankful for that. I washed my soul in the gentle waves of the Mediterranean and basked in this beautiful sunset to make me all content. 
  
I am thankful to good friends who were a good company for a few hours. I am thankful for an amazing afternoon on the beach. I am thankful I'll see my kids in a less than three weeks; I miss them so much!!! 

No comments: