Friday, September 20, 2013

Changes

Day 974 - Little moments of content; like spending a fun day with my daughter; never to be overlooked or under appreciated, especially now. True, it was too cold to go to the beach as originally planned, which made us realize that the summer is over and the fall is here (shorter days, cooler days - where did the summer go!!) but we still had a good time. Just be for several hours together. We went to a restaurant, to see her grandma, to a movie... all that and we were still back home by early evening. One of the last times we do it from here, as she is moving out, spreading her wings and taking off. I know it is probably good for her, to be again in the big city, having young people her age around her and the fast life and all the excitement of the big city. This place we move to is too far and rural and really didn't work out the way we planned. So after only few months we each going our separate ways. I hope time and the distance will heal what was broken and remove some of the tension we experience right now. At her age I was almost married, thus I can understand she want to grow and she can't really do that living at her moms'. So, here we go again, transitions in life moving out and moving up. Like the overused slogan -" change is the only permanent thing is life...."  

I am thankful for the time we had here together, even if very tense at times. I am thankful for tender moments, for happy moments for her presence in my life here and always. I wish her luck and happiness with  every new step she takes towards her future, and I am thankful I can witness some of it; something I cannot do with my other two kids.  

No comments: