Thursday, September 12, 2013

Searing headache

Day 966 -I woke up this morning at 5 am with the biggest headache I ever had.It felt like my head was about to explode, and of course there was no pain killer in the house. After an hour of pure torture I decided to get out and try to find a place open at this early hour and buy something. Well, now I know for sure something I like better in America -every gas station and every supermarket has OTC medications. But sadly, not here. So like an addict I drove from one place to the next, hoping to find my drug. But none had it. Here it's sold only in pharmacies. And so I drove back home and at 8 am when the pharmacy opened I was ale to buy a simple headache medication and 20 minutes later the fog started to lift and the edge of the pain subsided. One thing for sure - you'll never find me again without a stock of Advil of some sort. 
  
I am thankful this kind of event doesn't happen often. I am thankful I found the medication after the long search. I am thankful the relief was so quick. I am thankful I have a head that can hurt.  

No comments: