Monday, September 23, 2013

getting ready for a visit

Day 977 - in three days I am flying back to my old hometown to visit my kids and I have to admit I am not ready yet. I didn't pack yet, that's a given I always pack on the last day but this time I didn't buy any presents yet and worst of all I still don't have any accommodation plans. Last time I stayed with a good friend of mine but I am not sure I can do it this time; I finally sent her an email today asking about that and if it won't work than I'll just make a reservation in a near by hotel. It will make it a very expensive visit, but I don't see any other option. I don't live there anymore and I am not sure I can crash at friends houses every time I visit. But it's OK I only visit once a year so I can afford it. But this is all minute stuff, the important thing is that in three days I'll see my older kids and my granddaughter; and I am so excited about that.
 
I am thankful that I have the means to make this trip. I am thankful I am healthy enough to do that. I know this will not always be the case and I am thankful for every passing day I am in good health and can do pretty much what ever I want. I am thankful this trip is only three days away.

No comments: