Thursday, September 5, 2013

New year celebration

Day 959We drove all the way to my parents’ house, more than 3 hours away, to celebrate the new year with them. A new year is here with us and who know how many we can still enjoy together. So many have passed already that we celebrated apart. Time never takes a brake and it's running out too fast and even now when I live in the same country I don't see them enough. Too busy in my own little world and far enough to put it away for later. So this year's resolution is to come here more often and spend more time with them whenever possible. Sometimes it's very hard for me but I know I'll regret it later when it will be way too late. I do talk with them on the phone every day, so at least that; but coming more should be on my to do list as well. I talked to my dad this morning and he is getting older, no doubt about that and it brakes my heart; how the mighty have fallen; how the cruel time takes its toll on every one. I know it is the natural flow of life but it doesn't make it any easier to witness that and know all too well where we are heading. It is not that I ignore death but I don't like the slow process by which it robs one of everything before it finally strikes. New year is here and I should be all happy but its not that easy. Still I have to be happy for what I have and for whatever lies ahead. Life is not just lightheartedness and fun; it is also about pain and suffering and death and loving life means accepting it all. 
  
I am thankful I am here this holiday to celebrate it with my parents and my daughter. I am thankful for the time I still have with them; I sure don't take it for granted and I am thankful for every such day. I am thankful for being here in this country even if by being here I am so far away from my kids; I wish we could all be together once again.  

No comments: