Sunday, February 16, 2014

A powerful prayer

Day 1123 - I am a spiritual woman but not a religious one. Somehow I don't find myself in the traditional prayers with the prescribed verses and behavior. So I rarely go to a synagogue and even when I do that, I feel out of place. But a while back my partner, who feels the same about religions, showed me a YouTube video of a short Jewish prayer called "Ana Bechoach" that a new music was written to it while I lived abroad and it caught like fire. People really liked it. He told me it did wonders for him when he was in a dire situation. I have to admit, it didn't do it for me the first time around. But two weeks ago we got the prayer hand written on a beautiful tile decorated in gold and I knew right away it is a sign. So yesterday I search for the hymn and found it. After listening to it several times it grows on you. the music has a very meditative quality to it and so it just penetrated into ones soul. And so I listened to it today many times and with every round it goes a little deeper. One suppose to read it before going to bed, one phrase every day. And I made up my mind to do just that and unlock the gates of my personal limitations and connect to the infinity, to the full potential, the creation. And here I am, a very non-religious woman reciting this holly prayer on a Sunday night and I hope every night from now on. 
  
I am thankful for this very special prayer that touched my soul. I am thankful for possibilities and promises. I am thankful for the wholeness that in all of us. I am thankful for this amazing gift.
       

No comments: