Thursday, February 27, 2014

Looking back at the path behind me

Day 1134 - My brother is going through a rough divorce right now and to make things worse he lives thus have no family or friends to support him. So every day, or almost every day, on my way from work to the store I call him and we talk for about half an hour. Today he asked how I met my partner and a whole discussion went around the subject of dating sites and from there it was not a long stretch to talk about personal growth from a crisis. He cannot see it yet, being in the eye of the storm, but for me I know it was and luckily I was present enough to be aware of it in real time. I was thinking of the  road I walked and it makes me so happy; I look at him and it remaines me of that period. I am so happy I found the strength to take that road and I know that in a few years my brother will feel the same. He is still hurt and cannot see that but it will come. Sometimes I look back and I can't believe that it's the same woman my old self and my new one. I wrote about it as it unfolded but looking back its so much bigger. And fuller.
 
I am thankful for the opportunity to be my brother keeper. I am thankful

No comments: