Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A very cold night

Day 1112 - it's so cold tonight. Only few days ago we spent a day on the beach and now we are being reminded that February is still winter, even here. We went few minutes ago to my partner's apartment to pick up something and we found his whole neighborhood in a complete blackout. How lucky we are for spending the night at my place; how lucky we are to have such options. It's midnight and very, very cold a d I am here with two heating devices and I'm still cold. Can't wait to take a shower and get under my warm and fuzzy blankets.

I am thankful in a day like today to have a shelter from the biting cold. I am thankful for choosing to be here tonight. I am thankful we can use electricity to warm our house and everything else. I am thankful I can go to sleep now after a very short night.

No comments: