Saturday, February 8, 2014

My parents

Day 1115 - it is a privilege to still have parents when one is 56 years old, like me. Obviously they are old by now, slow and tired and have limitations and plethora of illnesses. But I am so happy they are still around and kicking. Especially since I missed so many years with them. I had a lovely morning with my mom at my home and then we drove to visit my dad. We spent time with my daughter, just the three girls. A very pleasant day indeed and very befitting for a 78 birthday. And the icing on the cake was to see how much progress my dad made in the past few days. Good news, all good news.
 
I am thankful for the opportunity to spend so e quality time with my mom. I am thankful for a lovely day with my daughter. I am thankful my dad is doing so much better. I am thankful for every waking moment I have.

No comments: