Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A stormy night

Day 1203 - a rain in May is very common in the country I came from, but here it's something worth mentioning. We were in the middle of a meeting tonight when it suddenly started pouring. An hour later when we went out the rain stopped but the air was cool and fresh and had the very distinct smell of "after rain". And now, three hours later, it's a thunderstorm with some serious rains. I love watching it when I am tucked safely in my house; appreciating the mighty storm from afar. I always did. It has special beauty and might that really speaks to me. But I like my comfort and I know that being in the middle of it is a whole different experience.

I am thankful for my nice and cozy home. I am thankful for a dry shelter and a warm bed on a night like tonight. I am thankful for the wonderful show the planet staged for me. It was wonderful.

No comments: