Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Independence Day 2014

Day 1202 - a day off in the middle of the week is a very special treat. We took a long drive to the north and drove along our northern border. It's do quiet there now and lovely. I can only hope it will stay this way forever. We stopped here and there and made it home after 7 pm. Tired from the day we decided to take a little map from which I woke half an hour ago, at 4:30 am. Not so little after all. I guess we're more tired than we thought. But who cares; it was a great outing, breaking the daily routine and the north is beautiful this time a year. And I rested well also, what else can I ask for. And as the sky start to brighten the birds start chirping, I haven't heard that in a long time and it's so lovely.

I am thankful for a great day, for quality time with my partner. I am thankful to be here in this wonderful country at its 66 "birthday" and be part of it all. I am thankful I can sleep for another hour before the start of a new day.

No comments: