Thursday, May 15, 2014

In the driver's seat

Day 1211 - I was sitting here, thinking about my day, what is it I am thankful for when I suddenly had this very clear understanding. If I have nothing to write about, it's a choice I am making. If my life is not where I want it  to be, it's a choice a am making and if my life is everything I was ever looking for its a choice I am making. This is a wonderful realization as well as a huge responsibility since it means I have no one to blame but myself. So everyday I have to look at my day with this in mind and ask is it really how I wanted my day to look like if it was my last one on this earth, and if the answer is no then I have to ponder what is it that will make it better and give it a try the next day. It's not a new or earth shuttering understanding but it's so easy to forget. I am the only driver if my life's wagon, I am the director of my movie and if I don't like anything about the scene I can do a second run tomorrow. I also have to understand that my days budget is limited and diminishing fast so I don't have endless re-runs, I have to learn to make it right in fewer takes. So tonight I am going to sleep with this wonderful feeling; I am the director of the best movie I'll ever attend and I am looking forward to the next scene.
 
I am thankful for a very beautiful day. I am tgakful for am evening on the patio of my house with a red wine and some peanuts. I am thankful for another great day awaiting me tomorrow.

No comments: