Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday is for rest

Day 1199 - Saturday is a day of rest, or at least eat do some house work and sleep. Six days we work, basically, it's the only thing we do during the week. Comes Saturday and we are exhausted. And so instead of high activity things like hiking that I really want to come back to but too tired to actually do, we just take it easy. We woke up late, unpacked few more boxes, did some electrical work (not me, of course) ate well, something we don't do during the week and just relaxed. my three hours "afternoon nap" just came to prove how tired I am. But this is why we have a day of rest, to recharge our batteries, have some quality time and also take care of the house and the garden. I love our little patio with all the plants strew around it, I love the peaceful times we spend there, the meals we eat there; it's amazing how much it adds to our quality of life. And now, after such a lovely day I am ready for a new week.
 
I am thankful for this special day of rest. I am thankful for this house that adds so much calm to our daily life. I am thankful my daughter is doing well after her LASIK surgery and so happy with the results. I am thankful for everyday and everything in my life.

No comments: