Sunday, May 4, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Day 1200 - once again its Memorial Day here. A siren all across the country this evening marked the beginning of the day. Tomorrow another siren will go off at 11:00 am. Unlike the place I came from, where war is far from the thoughts of the avarage people, here it is a part of our daily life. Everyone knows someone who lost a loved one to the constant military or terorist activities. The outcome is a very personal day. In schools, work places and every city or village there are official memorial services and most people attend one or another. It is a very sad day; a reminder of the heavy price our nation and of course the families paid and keep paying for our right to live here as a free and independent nation. I am proud to be part of all this tonight and every day, I am sad and remembering friends who died in the wars. And I sure hope one day things will be different and our people will live here in peace, like most other countries around the world. 

I am thankful to be here tonight, standing profundity with my fellow countrymen. I am thankful for this amazing country that so many people lost their lives to defend. 

No comments: