Friday, May 23, 2014

A weekend with my daughter

Day 1219 - My daughter is spending the weekend here with me. Sadly, she got a very serious burn on her foot few days ago from a bonfire so she is really in a lot of pain. It also means we can't do much because it's very painful for her to even walk, but we are here, we ate dinner together, started watching a movie, got too tired and decided to retire for the night. It's the simple things that make life so special; and her being here is one of them. I am very sad she is suffering, that she has such a bad injury from an evening of fun; but I am happy she is here and I can take care of her a little, with the small stuff.
 
I am thankful my daughter is here for the first time to see my little house. I am thankful for quality time we spent together and will have more of that tomorrow. I am thankful I can go to sleep now; it was a very tiring day.

No comments: