Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's day

Day 1207 - going out on a Sunday night to a restaurant with my partner. A fun and relaxed evening in our very busy and intense life. Three phone calls for my children to wish me a happy mother's day. I don't really need much more than that. Little tender moments are what make life so very special. The little flowers at the side of the road. Not the big stuff, not the glitzy and elaborated shows. Just real love and care; just touching each other's heart is all I ever need and want. and I had all this tonight and more. I feel so blessed for having so much love in my life. I love my kids dearly and every phone call with them is so very special to me. It's the best gift I can get. And so today I got three wonderful gifts for the most important people in my life.
 
I am thankful for having these wonderful human beings as my children. I am thankful for each of those phone calls. I am thankful that even from afar I can still be, even if just for a moment, in my kids life. I am thankful for 30 years of the privilege of being a mother to young children and hope for many more years seeing them growing into their own full potential.

No comments: