Saturday, September 22, 2012

A giant step forward

Day 613 - Saturday and all I did today was my project. I didn't leave my home at all. For many hours I read about the temples complex of Angkor and the history of the Khmer empire and I wrote a descriptive tour of the place and its temples. I finished that part and now all I have left is details of few day tour of the country. I have most of it already planned so I will finish it by Wednesday the latest and will submit it on Thursday, meeting my deadline and even without some late nights crunch. The more I read about it the more I want to travel to Cambodia and see all that in person. I looks amazing from the pictures and from all the materials I read. My daughter was suppose to come back tonight and decided to stay at the Kibbutz and go to her base from there; my MF did not call today so I have no idea if he is back in town or not. In regular times these two events, especially the combination might be sad for me but today I am thankful for that since it gave me few more hours of guilt free work. And besides, I am so happy my daughter is having so much fun after the rough week she had. And now it's very late already and I am going to sleep. Luckily the turn the clock back tonight, we start the winter time early here, so I have an extra hour to sleep tonight, but even with that it's late so this is a short entry, just to say I'm on track and making serious progress; just to say that even on a busy day I am not neglecting my blog. 
  
I am thankful for hours of work I put under my belt; for a project that slowly starts to look like something I will be happy to put my name to it. I am thankful for all I learn every day about the country, its people, history and archaeology. I am thankful my daughter is having so much fun with her friends this weekend. I am thankful for the extra hour of sleep we have tonight, I sure need it. I am thankful I can go to sleep now, knowing my work is almost done.

No comments: