Saturday, September 1, 2012

The second part of my trip

Day 592 -  At 3am I left for the airport. It's early but I didn't care, I wanted to arrive early to the next stop - my son's city so we will have as much time as we can. It's been over six months since we met, way too long by any standard and I will not allow something like that again. We talk on the phone but it's really not the same. He just moved here two months ago, so he is still in the stage of settling down. I love seeing the young man he is becoming. From the wrecked apartment he had as a student he transformed his living conditions to a nice townhouses complex and a very neat apartment. I love it. It is such a special experience for a parent to see a child getting into adulthood and strat to build he/her own nest. How slowly with the pass of time they get into their own. We bought some products and he cooked an amazing meal. And again I am just standing on the sideline and watch him, so proud and so pleased with what I see. I have no words to describe this feeling. You have to be a parent to understand. We spent the afternoon talking while he was cooking. The good thing is that the time that passed did not make us strangers. We still manage to keep this easy and comfortable atmosphere, the closeness. I was hoping this is how it will be but could not be sure. 

I am thankful being here, I missed him so much and it is so wonderful to meet again. I am thankful that time and distance did not draw us apart, it is still nice and flowing conversation the same us as when we lived together under one roof and I am thankful beyond words for that. I am thankful for laughs, for all the stories, for seeing him after such a long time. I am thankful I have now a whole week with him before I have to leave.

No comments: