Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kick back and relax

Day 618 - The lull after the storm, this is how I feel today. Not too much energy to do anything. I did some catching up to deferred business like doctor appointments and it makes me happy. I also treated myself to a pedicure which is something I always like and need (some TLC- check). I had a painting lesson but not a very creative one, somehow I got stuck and could not really find my way out; it took me a really ling time and I needed my teacher's help to dug myself out. OK picture, but nothing to write home about. I hope to make something this weekend with time in my hands, no group hiking and my daughter is not here. Plenty of time to read - almost the end of the month and I didn't really make any real progress yet. So like so many times in the past after very hurried and crazy time comes the lull and I have to learn to appreciate it, to like it, maybe even to look forwards to it. I worked hard, I deserve this leaning back, kicking off my shoes and relaxing, I deserve to feel empty and in need of replenishment. Now that I think about it, no wonder I could not paint - I am totally drained. So I am going to bed now and I am sure tomorrow I'll already feel much better.   
   
I am thankful for this lull; I sure earned it fair and square. I am thankful my daughter and my MF are not here tonight so I can be so lazy and not feel guilty; or actually that I don't have any stimulation or reason to do something. I am thankful for every little and unimportant things I did today, for attending the trivial and the mundane. I am thankful the final project is behind be, that I now officially finished the course. I am thankful I can go to sleep now, I am falling asleep while typing. 

No comments: