Monday, September 3, 2012

A short hiking trip

Day 594 - another day here with my son and his girlfriend, another such an interesting day. We went for a hike, the three of us in a dry bed of a local creek on a very warm day knowing that in the shade it will be cooler and more pleasant and we just didn't want to stay home all day long. Durning the hike we were talking a lot about all different subjects. All personal, all very close to one's heart and I feel so wonderful for they both want to include me in their life. I sure don't take it for granted. I know that most people will not include their parents in their closest circle and it is the biggest complement a parent can get. We spent many hours together first hiking then we went to a restaurant and finally we went back home and played a board game and talked some more. It is so nice to be able to spend so much time together and not get tired of each other, of still having things to talk about. It is also very interesting to see how differently we persive things. I had a talk with my ex before coming here in which he expresses his concerns and I come here and the picture I see is so different. I am not here to say who is right and who is wrong but to point at the fact that two people can look at the same set of facts and write two such different stories. I like my own version of course because it goes through my prisms, the way I see the world, and it works well with mt set of values and preferences. I see them starting their way together with so little money but with south love and respect for each other and I give that my full blessing, hoping they will be smart enough to keep it this way. I am a hopeless romantic and even at this age and time I want to see love prevails. It makes me optimistic to see them, you don't see something like that very often.

I am thankful for a wonderful day with my son and his girlfriend, with his love. I am thankful to be included in their very intimate circle. I am thankful we managed to turn our very special relationship into something so inclusive that she feel so comfortable to talk just about anything and not be feel left out. I am thankful for a very special da; it is a present beyond anything I expected.

No comments: