Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A very special birthday celebration

Day 609 - today is the birthday of my MF. He wasn't sure how much he really wants to celebrate it but after a little nudge from my daughter he agreed to go out with us tonight. We went to a really good restaurant and we had such a good time. I told him that both of us together are a lot of fun, actually all the three of us were, and the atmosphere was so great. It is the first time they met today after almost three months we are dating and it made me so happy to be all the three of us together and see how much they liked each other. They are the two most important people in my life here so it can be really stressful, but I had the feeling they will get along. My daughter is absolutely amazing and I am yet to meet someone who doesn't like her and he is such a great guy and  I was sure she'll like him too. And It was even better that I expected. We enjoyed an amazing evening, full of laughter and little stories and later even really deep talks. 
I love birthdays, it gives us the opportunity to stop for a second and reflect. Ponder about the year that just passed and the one standing at the gate - what we did that was great what is it we are looking forward to this coming year. He went first, being the birthday boy, and than we did too since it is after all also our New Year. There was a lot of intimacy and honesty and we all found out interesting things we didn't pay attention to before going through this little exercise, which is why i love doing it. It made me realize once again, how lucky I am to be here, to be who I am right now and to know it will only get better. And with total disregard to what tomorrow will bring with it, today I was so happy I could barely contain it all. We were for one moment in time a little tight unit so happy and perfect. And now, like in the Buddhism tradition, I let go of this illusion and be happy for that fleeting moment of sheer happiness, for being so content. I could not ask for a better evening, and what's even more important my daughter enjoyed it so much and liked him a lot and he had an amazing time and from being so reluctant about celebrating his b-day he was just there, so happy, so relaxed and so much enjoying this very special evening. It was magic and I feel so blessed for that.
  
I am thankful to my daughter for bringing up the subject and inviting him to join us for dinner. I am thankful to him for accepting the invitation. I am thankful to both of them for making this evening so very special, for being so nice to each other, for actually liking each other. I am so thankful for a fleeting moment of total happiness. I am thankful beyond words for moments like these when magic touches my life and illuminate them to the core. 

No comments: