Saturday, September 15, 2012

Imaginary World


Day 606 - I saw a very interesting movie today - "the words". Underneath the story line there is the issue of critical mistakes, mistakes that forever one will pay the price for them; mistakes that cannot be fixed and how life looks after that. Very interesting movie with plot within plot and a very serious issue behind it all. Of not appreciating what we have until we lose it, of not thinking of what we have to lose before we jump into a stupid action that can never be reverse. Of how little it takes to ruin everything we build, everything we hold dear to us and forever live in that shadow; with the regrets. It talks about conscious and how we want to believe our own lies. And it's also a movie about forgiveness that comes from old age with the understanding of what is important and what is not. So many things to think about and some of the issues resonates well with a discussion I had this morning. We always say we should live life of no regrets, but there are mistakes we wish we didn't make, forks of the road we wish we didn't take. Life of no regret, how wonderful would it be to have all our faculties intact and sharp when we have to make a critical decision, if we could pause for a second and reflect on what we have and we are about to lose for making this specific mistake. Sadly, too many times we are not, and we live long life to regret that. Here to living consciously, for making decisions with full awareness; for accumulating as little as possible of those heart aching decisions. 
  
I am thankful for a wonderful movie, that I felt I want to see after many hours being stuck at home, working on my Cambodia project. I am thankful for a heart to heart talk I had today with my partner; I am not sure how things will continue but at least we finally talked about issues that are muddying the waters, a great thing indeed. I am thankful for watching this movie at the right moment when my heart was fully open to its messages. I am thankful for a really great day.

No comments: