Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Simple Act of Kindness

Day 611 - Only few days ago I wrote that I think I'm going to break up with the guy I am dating, that I cannot take it, but I keep hesitating since I know he is an amazing guy and we just have to learn to communicate in a way that will work for both, I know that there is so much potential here, and as much as I get frustrated sometimes I don't want to give up, he is too good to let go without a fight. Like his birthday party that was so much fun, or the way he connected with my daughter or the way he cares about us, once he lowered his guards and allowed us to get in. Today was a difficult day, another medical procedure for my daughter and one more confirmation to the condition behind it all. She is amazing, she went into an unpleasant procedure without any complains, and was a real trooper through it all. I brought her home after it was over and she was in and out of sleep for a few hours. And my MF decided to come over and see how she is doing. He even made something and wanted to bring it over but was not sure she is allowed to eat it, because of all her diet restrictions. It was so sweet and so considerate and it brought tears to my daughter's eyes. We were talking about this procedure and I mentioned I am delaying it for years and he told me I should  do it and he'll come with me (!) how sweet. I was in a loss for words; we are so not used to kindness, my daughter and I, that we are simply overwhelmed by its display. How sad it is that the two of us are so deprived of male kindness in our lives that it really shakes us so much.  This is why I am fighting for this relationship, he has such a good and caring heart, something so rare, that I want to learn how to work through issues that are not deal breakers, that are manageable with the right attitude and willingness.
   
I am thankful that this round of tests is behind us now and hopefully the doctor has some tricks up his sleeves to make my daughter feel a little better. I am thankful I can be with her through it all, and make it a little easier, I hope, for being by her side.I am thankful for this amazing daughter of mine, for her spirit and strength, that cannot be broken. I am thankful to my friend for being here, for being so nice and kind to my daughter, for smiles and hugs and respect; for opening up to her and making her feel so good. I am thankful to him for being so kind and supportive of me right now, for his caring and love. I am so thankful to him for being here for us today when we needed it.    

No comments: