Friday, September 28, 2012

Investing in my future

Day 619 - With every passing day, every talk I have with close friends about the future, I realize more and more that I have to go into business; that I have to take more active approach to increase my wealth. I did not live here for many years and so the amount of social security I will be getting is very small, to small to support me and even my salary right now is not enough. I just took the very first job I was offered when I moved here and didn't really negotiate it, and so every month I have to take out of my savings to cover my living expenses. And it shouldn't be this way; my working years suppose to increase my saving not be already in depletion mode. So I am weighing my options, but now that I actually have time to think I will start doing just that. It's a very interesting place to be. For so many years I was living very comfortable life but I chose to leave this golden cage and try to make it on my own. And part of that is also to become more financially strong, on my own, or with my own business partners. I am 54 years old so my earning years as an employee are nearing their end and it forces me to think about other options, options where I am the entrepreneur, thus have no age limit. Some may look at it in dismay, as a step back, but I look at it as a huge opportunity and I hope I will be able to use it wisely; to do what I am setting  up to do. I love it, finally I am ready to move forward. I feel so lucky to have friends who love me so much and are ready to help with advice, review and presenting opportunities if they think it might work for me. I always talk about not needing too much money, and it's true, but I also know that I will have many years after I am done working and if possible i would love to retire early and travel, so I will need some serious savings to support that and this is what I am talking about. I am not planning to buy a million dollars home, but I am planning to live a very long and active life. 
  
I am thankful I have this option to try to invest to secure my future. I am thankful I finally gathered the courage to move in this direction. I am thankful for opportunities that cross my path, I know how rare it is and I am thankful for any act of kindness, for every advice and help I get from my friends; I will do my best to be worthy of their trust, care and love.     

No comments: