Tuesday, September 11, 2012

House hunting gets more serious

Day 602 - I am back in the house hunting race. Today i went to a near by town to look at some properties and some lots and I really liked what I saw. I asked the realtor for a lot of information which he promised to send me tomorrow so I can start to study the subject. I also talked to a friend of mine who is a contractor to get his prospective - not favorable he is not sure if the place can hold its value - but I got some real numbers from him of how much it will cost me to build a house there and how long will it take. So I gave it a lot of thought in the past few weeks; I already heard his opinion about the value of the place when I looked at another property there few months ago and then I decided to drop it; I am not sure I will do the same this time. I am looking for a house to live in it and I really want a small garden around it; I want a house and not an apartment. And in the city where I live the only houses available are in the most affluent neighborhood and they are way out of my price range and I am not sure I like this kind of neighborhood anyway. I prefer not to live in an apartment if at all possible and I am very excited about the prospects of building again. And if I am building to live in it I am less concerned if the prices will not climb as much; in the long run I am sure it will be fine but I am not building as a business, like my friend, so I can afford to wait a few years for the m to catch up. And if the prices will keep climbing as they are now, then all the better, but in the mean time I will have the quality of life I am looking for. So if the numbers will look good tomorrow I will consider moving forward. I am also going to meet with another realtor tomorrow in my city to look at some properties so to have a better picture of what I can do with the same amount of money here and there. I have to admit that the more I think about it the more excited I get and I  hope the information I asked for will be in line with what the realtor told me. If this is the case I might actually start this project in a very short time; and first proceed to by the lot.

I am thankful for my years of experience building homes and developing properties; it gives me the ability to embark on such a project with the confidence I can see it through. I am thankful I have friends whom I can trust to give me the best professional advises and the best contractors later so I can actually build the house. I am thankful I am in such a good place in my life I feel I can take on something of that magnitude. I am thankful for being in a position to afford this kind of an investment; I know so many people who cannot, especially after a divorce, and I am so thankful that years of hard work, my ex-husband's and mine, do allow me to be here today. I am so thankful and humbled to be on this road to establish my life, and do it here. 

No comments: