Friday, August 31, 2012

It Is my Last Day Here

Day 591 - This is my last day here and tomorrow at 6am I am taking off to my next destination to spend a week with my son. It was a great visit and for the first time since I left I could truly appreciate the place and its people; but this does not mean I want to come back. I have enjoyed the people and I sure will miss them, but I am going back home in a week and I am very happy about that. The highlight of today and what I am most thankful for was a visit of less then an hour to the office of our mediator where I signed the divorce papers. According to the law here it takes 6 months since the day I signed the papers so by March 1 it will be official, a belated birthday preset. After two years of separation we are making it official - we are not planning to get back together but instead to go forward and finalize our separation by turning it into a divorce. I was asked if I am sad but (sadly) I am not. I was sad for years about that but now it is only to put a stamp on something that effectively happened 2 years ago. And it enables me to finally start even mentally my way forwards.So, no I am not sad and yes, I am relived it is finally over. I know I should have a very pondering assay today but I am very tired and I have to wake up in less than 4 hours to get to the airport so this is it for today, and I keep the option to get to that later and edit a bit, but right now I have to go to sleep.

I am thankful for an amazing visit here, for everyday treasures. I am thankful I got to spend such quality time with my friend; I don't have enough words to thank her for all she did for me here. I am thankful I sealed the day with signing the divorce papers, I feel so relived and refresh.

No comments: