Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Painting class

Day 561 - we had a painting class today at my house. I was really waiting for this class since I wanted to get my teacher's opinion about my latest painting. I thought it is done but I needed a professional opinion. Well, I got it. He thought just as I did that there is nothing I can add to it. Now I am on to the next one, not enough to show it here but I have fun going through it. It donned on me how much these lessons are more than just another class; we become friends along the way. We learn about each other's history, challenges and triumphs; we bond. I am sure that next year the class experience will be very different for the few who took the summer workshop. And just the thought that a man in the stature of our teacher is at our disposal in such an intimate and private manner; that we get to learn from him so much more since there are only 3 of us in this endeavor; it is an honor and a privilege.


I am thankful I could take my last painting all the way to the end without any input; it means I am learning to see better which is really important. I am thankful for a most enjoyable class today. I am thankful for this semi-private lessons experience it is so much fun for all of us; we learn so much about each other so it is an exercise in intimacy as well. I am thankful for new friendships we forge while painting; for such a special opportunity. I am thankful for yet one more wonderful day. 

No comments: